A king-sized bed is one of life’s affordable luxuries. What could be better than really stretching out and getting a restful night’s sleep? How about stretching out beneath a really fabulous king headboard?
Will a King-Sized Bed Fit in my Room?
A standard king-sized mattress measures 76” wide by 80” long, and a king size wicker headboard will add a few more inches to the length. For the room to feel sufficiently spacious, leave 30” or more of space so that you can easily walk around your bed. Be sure to take into account the placement of other furniture that you would like to include in your bedroom. Keep in mind measurements of your dressers, a vanity desk, bedside tables, and possibly a bedroom chair for siting.
When is a King-Sized Bed the Best Choice?
- For a large bedroom, a king-sized bed will look more proportional than a smaller bed.
- For paired sleepers, a king-sized bed provides the most sleeping space.
- King-sized beds are well-suited to folks who are taller or larger than average.
- For sleepers who move around during the night, a king-sized bed is a practical choice.
- If your pet sleeps with you, the extra-space will provide plenty of room for all.
How Should I Choose a Headboard for my King-Sized Bed?
As always, your headboard should reflect your personal taste and the mood you want to create. King rattan headboards are wide, a heavier material or darker color will give a very solid, substantial appearance to the room. If you want an easier feel in the room, choose a lighter material or a more open design. If you often sit up reading in bed, you should opt for a headboard that will provide support when you lean back. A handsome headboard will greatly add to your comfort and enjoyment of your king-sized bed.