The mention of purchasing a twin headboard may conjure images of a child’s bedroom with bedding in bright primary colors, but this is only one of many possibilities. Twin wicker headboards are great in many situations where a larger bed doesn’t make sense.
Why a Headboard Matters
We’ve all been in rooms where the bed is merely a mattress and box spring made up with bedding. No matter the effort that is put into decorating the room, it will never look finished. Think of the rattan twin headboard as a frame, enhancing the bed just as a picture frame can improve the artwork it contains. The headboard also serves as the “anchor” for the bed. It makes a statement about where the bed belongs in the room. A headboard is a great decorating tool, and that adds more style to the room. It’s hard to feel restful when the bed you are in seems to be drifting!
When should you choose a twin headboard?
- In a room with less-than-average square footage, a twin bed will feel cozy while a large bed will feel cramped.
- For a solo sleeper of any age, a twin bed gives a lovely sensation of being cradled.
- In a guest room, choosing twin beds is more versatile than one large bed.
- For folks that share a room but just can’t sleep together, then twin beds are a problem solver. There are numerous twin headboards available for this solution.
- A twin headboard is cost-saving, as the mattress and bedding will also be.
Other Headboard Considerations
Think about the height of the woven twin headboard. Are you trying to place the bed under a window or sloped ceiling, or do you want a tall, bold statement? Do you prefer a solid look or more open and airy? What materials appeal to you? Have fun making this room-changing decision!