Everyone needs storage. Displaying all of your stuff at one time can make your rooms look junky. Maximize your style and space with wicker storage solutions.
In the 1950s you didn’t hear about mini-storage. So, what did people do with their extra stuff in the house? Maybe they used creative and unique storage solutions like the ones we are going to talk about.
Doing Double Duty
In apartment and condo living especially, it is important to make the best use of the space available. This requires that furniture serve more than one function. Whether it is in your living room or a sunroom, wicker can add a new look to your rooms.
Wicker is the name for a class of plant fibers that are used to make furniture. Once used just in sunrooms, wicker has infiltrated other rooms in the house with its unique look and easy maintenance. Not only do you have attractive storage solutions that add to your decor but some also function as useful furnishings.
Here are the benefits of using wicker storage solutions:
• Easy to match to the decor in any room
• Lightweight and easy to move from room to room
• Stack-able if the situation calls for it
• Perfect for hiding clutter or avoiding it
Wicker Storage Solutions
Now that you have had an introduction to the benefits of wicker, here are some of your options for storage.
1. Wicker baskets – Baskets are a great addition. Rattan wicker baskets are decorative and come in many sizes. Use them on a bookshelf to hold smaller items or to keep certain items together. They can hold newspapers, magazines, silverware and even dishes. Baskets are also a storage solution that is easily portable.
2. Wicker storage – This is the real meaning of double duty. In your entryway incorporate a wicker storage bench. You can sit and put on your shoes or pull them off after a long day. Also, store extra shoes inside the bench out of the way. Wicker Storage trunks can be used as coffee tables in sunrooms or small rooms. Keep blankets or pillows inside but use the top for candles, decorative elements or other things you want to display.
3. Wicker storage bins – With or without tops, these bins add another element to your room. They can be used to store folded clothing or bedding and placed beside your bed or folded towels in the bath to give extra storage especially in a small bathroom.
Wicker is quite adaptable. Use it in any room as a main storage solution or to do double duty as a useful piece of furniture.